Title: Primary School Teacher
Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To contribute to the education of the whole child, attending to the intellectual, emotional, physical and social development of the child.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Complies with all legal requirements pertaining to the teaching profession, eg marking the attendance registers and responsibility for the safety of children placed within his/her care; etc
- Continuosly assesses, records and appraises children’s progress
- Contributes to the fuller developmennt of the child’s potential through the medium of extra-mural activities;
- Devises appropriate teaching methods/approaches to develop skills such as research and study
- Draws up yearly, termly and weekly plans of subject matter
- Manages all activities in library/classroom area;
- Perform an array of administrative duties, including but not limited to; maintaining equipment and equipment register. Playground duty, scholar patrol duty etc.
- Prepares lesson plans to achieve desired objectives taking cognizance of available resources and equipment;
- Promotes reading, care and appreciation for books through activities such as book displays and demonstrations
- Provides an effective and stimulating environment for education;
- Teaches subjects across the curriculum based on topics dealt within the mainstream as integration to enhance specific learning areas
Other Job Responsibilities
- Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets and controls expenditure within approved parameters.
- Adheres to all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility
- O Level
- Diploma in Primary Education
3 years post qualification experience in teaching
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Permission To Teach
- Instructional delivery/teaching – teaching approach/method employed for effective learning/mastery of the content/subject matter
- Classroom Management – maintaining desirable classroom climate
- Assessment/evaluation – formative and summative assessment, lesson evaluation, interventions etc
- Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Planning, Coordination and Execution
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.