Wilderness Air Botswana is part of a multi-national operation that operates a fleet of Cessna Grand Caravans, chosen for their ability to transport visitors to remote wilderness destinations. Wilderness Air is based in Maun and is proud to be the air partner of Wilderness Safaris, a responsible ecotourism and conservation company with private access to the finest wilderness and wildlife areas of southern Africa.
Wilderness Air is privileged to fly into some of the most pristine wilderness areas in and around Botswana. We believe that flying is an integral part of each guest’s travel experience and that our pilots’ passion and professionalism can make a genuine contribution to journeys that change lives.
4 X PORTERS (FLYING)
Wilderness Air Botswana is looking for four physically fit, self-motivated team players who are dedicated and full of energy and enthusiasm to occupy the position of Porter. The successful individuals will be based in Maun.
Purpose of the Job
To handle cargo and passenger baggage and perform ground support duties at the airport and airstrips.
Key Performance Areas:
- Effective loading of passenger luggage onto the right plane and offloaded at the right destination
- Ensuring that Guests are treated courteously
- Making sure that company property is well looked after (Company Vehicles and Golf Carts)
- Making sure that freight is loaded effectively and efficiently
- Maintain the cleanliness of all Aircraft making sure that seat belts are folded, adequate air sick bags are provided, safety cards, Wilderness maps, drinking and emergency water
- Making sure that the planes scheduled to do a freight run the following day are prepared for the freight run, having seats removed the day before for early morning freight runs.
- Adhering to the set aviation safety rules and regulations.
- Ramp personnel are to ensure that all airside activities are conducted in line with company procedures, policies and CAAB requirements.
- Ramp personnel may be required to perform any other duties assigned by management.
Minimum Requirements – evidence of:
- BGCSE Certificate/equivalent with at least a PASS grade in English.
- Acceptable range of age is between 20 – 29 years.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a similar position and/or in the aviation sector is preferred, but willingness to learn is also acceptable.
- A holder of a valid driver’s license, or PDRP passenger license would be an added advantage.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Listening Skills.
- Problem solving.
- Good and sound communication Skills.
- Good planning skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Team player.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need to apply by scanning this QR code or following this link.
Closing Date: 17h00 on Friday 09th February 2024
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE COMMUNICATED WITH.