VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 1 OF 2021
POLICE SPECIAL CONSTABLES
REF: POL 39/1/3/3 XII (60)
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the post of Police Special Constable. The positions are tenable at all Botswana Police Service Divisions, namely; Southern Division, South-Central Division, North-Central Division, Northern Division and North-West Division.
• Interested applicants should have BGCSE or IGSCE or better and should have attained at least 30 points with grade C or better in English Language.
• Applicants with tertiary qualifications should also have attained at least 30 points with grade C or better in English Language at BGCSE or IGSCE.
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants should:
• Be Botswana citizens.
• Be Aged between 18-24 years.
• Be physically and mentally fit.
• Have no criminal record
• Be of good character
• Have no visible body marks (tattoos) while wearing police uniform
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To provide frontline Policing Services in an effort to maintain law and order.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Successful Candidates will be required to undergo Police Training for 6 weeks, and on completion carry out the functions of the Botswana Police Service as outlined in Section 6 of the Police Act, Cap 21:01 of Botswana Laws:
• Protect Life and Property
• Prevent and Detect Crime
• Repress Internal Disturbances
• Maintain Security and Public tranquillity
• Apprehend Offenders
• Bring offenders to justice
• Duly enforce all written laws with which the Botswana Police Service are directly
charged and to generally maintain peace.
SALARY SCALE: B.5 (P35 856.00 to P42 672.00) per Annum
LEAVE: 20 Working days per annum
BENEFITS: Overtime Allowance at 20% of Basic Salary.
APPLICATION: Applicants should quote this advert and provide:
• Full names, address, place and date of birth
• Brief summary of career with duties (CV)
• Certified copies of Educational Certificates, References and Omang.
• Contact details; mobile phone / cellular or landline numbers where possible.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Successful candidates will be subjected to:
• A comprehensive Medical examination
• A comprehensive Physical Fitness examination
• Criminal vetting and
• Security vetting
Applications should be addressed to;
Director of Training
Private Bag 009
Or hand delivered to;
Botswana Police College
For further information, please contact: Mr. L. B. Gabakgorwe- 5336200
and / or Insp. T. Bathusi – 5336200
CLOSING DATE: 9th April 2021
NB: KINDLY NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
Police special constable in lehututu
I luv to work as a police