PLANNING ENGINEER (X1) – THREE (3) YEARS FIXED TERM CONTRACT (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 02 December 2022.
Main purpose of the position
To plan, organize, control and coordinate the activities of Planning Section, in order to maximize effective life and availability of the plant equipment.
- Design test procedures using product specifications to for alignment to standards.
- Review plant equipment Asset register and ensure all information is updated for accurate capture of equipment specification.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating maintenance in line with defined Policies and procedures to ensure a productive workforce.
- Analyse specified problems and issues to find the best technical and/or professional solutions in accordance with defined policies and procedures.
- Plan and coordinate inspection of systems and processes, then implement and monitor the effectiveness of corrective actions and/or continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage the performance of direct reports by working within performance management systems for realisation of organisational objectives.
- Manage internal client and customer relationships by using defined systems and procedures.
- Build own capabilities and develop the capabilities of direct reports by working within existing development framework; provides specialized training or coaching in area of expertise to direct reports.
- Provide input for delivering a prescribed budget for own area of the organization and/or conducts analyses on budget progress in other areas while working within established systems.
- Deliver required outcome by managing day-to-day relationships with contractors and other service providers while working within an established contract management plan.
- Identify shortcomings and propose improvements to existing processes, systems and procedures, then delivers a plan for an element of a change management Procedure.
- Develop procedures for an area within the with the section, then monitors the implementation of those procedures.
- Deliver projects by working within an established program management framework.
- Adherence to equipment Statutory Compliance in line with factories act
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and/or provides support services by using the organization’s safety, health and environment systems and protocols.
- A degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
- Must be Registered with ERB
- A minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience in a maintenance environment.
- Valid class B Driver’s Licence required
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 02 December 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.