Motheo Operations, Ghanzi, BOTSWANA
This position is responsible for administering Sandfire’s planning system and process for the Motheo operation and lead the co-build and implementation at the Motheo mine site.
This role will be critical to the Anaplan in-country integration team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn the model building skills required to develop non-financial, financial, and reporting modelling in the Anaplan platform, Sandfire’s planning and analysis tool.
Key Performance Areas
- To administer quarterly forecast process at Motheo Copper Mine
- To lead integration of Anaplan in Motheo operation
- Lead deep-dive project scoping meetings with key stakeholders
- Contribute to design discussion for effective, efficient, and functional outputs that meet key stakeholder requirements
- Develop Anaplan model building skills using best practice methods (minimum Level 1 Model Builder within 6 months)
- Identify opportunities for efficiency improvements within Departments and within the global SFR business (non-financial and financial)
- Align planning methodology with financial principles applied to actual accounting to ensure consistency (where applicable)
- Liaise with Anaplan consultants to raise and resolve queries and ensure best practice methodology is adhered to
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders within the SFR business
- Develop a working knowledge of each of Sandfire’s core business functions across Operations, Corporate, and regional departments
- Collaborate with Business Unit Management on matters where planning and/or reporting outcomes need to be adequately balanced against project or operational imperatives
- Maintenance of relevant administration guideline documentation
- Additional reporting, analysis and administration requirements as requested
- Working knowledge of non-financial and financial accounting principles and practices across a spectrum including development projects, mining operations, port activities (eg. Processing Recovery, stockpile reconciliation, mine closure, and reporting)
- Understanding and knowledge of financial and/or planning management systems (Pronto, Anaplan)
- Strong written and oral communication, including the ability to distil key messages to different audiences.
- Excellent numerical skills
- Prioritisation and time management across multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Autonomous, self-starter with initiative
- Quick learner
- “Can do”, collaborative attitude
Qualification & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance or have experience in advanced (non-financial and financial) model development within systems and/or excel
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience in a mining environment.
- Previous experience in planning and analysis (particularly with multiple data sources and bottom-up plan build)
- Accounting experience viewed favourably (particularly mine site or management)