Payment and Settlement Officer – IRC202938
at Botswana, Gaborone, Botswana in FNB Botswana Point of Sale
Ends 24 Sep 2021
To monitor deal flow from dealing input for all products, while also monitoring interest feed on treasury related money market papers and forward exchange contracts daily.
experience and qualifications
- Diploma in accounting and business studies or related qualifications
- 3 years- Branch and treasury operation
- Desirable but not essential requirement
- Institute of bankers examination preferable but not necessary
- To monitor settlements and payments of all agreed deals in accordance with value date.
- Verify and accept all deals for treasury center undertaken by dealers into the dealing system
- Ensure that any manual entries are corrected input or catured into relative accounts daily
- Check and verify confirmation and settlements messages into SWIFTS system
- Check IMX/Bankmaster system feed to the general ledger on a daily basis. Ensure that all payments have been executed in accordance with agreed instructions
- Manage treasury management accounts on daily basis ensuring that accounting entries are passed correctly
- Ensure that all interest bearing accounts transactions are accrued on monthl basis
- Verify that all settlement instructions are maintain in the dealing system to enable accurate settlement
- Verify and initial all transactions on general ledger report daily for overnight borrowing.
- Confirm all deals on dealing date
- Effective maintenance of confirmation
- Maintain controls over complaints and errors recorded and ensure speedy remedial actions.
- Ensure accurancy in balancing and obtain management sign off before submission to financial control
- Checks consolidations of purchases and sales in (pula) from branches to bank of Botswana every month end.
- Stands in for manager payments or settlement.
- Query items to avoid income leakage
- Record and maintain working paper for every case for audit trail and audit purposes
- Ensure management information system is accurate and up to date
- Redue and manage overtime levels
- Manage and report excetion items in absence of the manager
- Execute at speed responding to quries timely
- Train and develop other members of the team for adequate and effective performance
- Be cooperative and flexible at all times