A pastry Chef is responsible for preparing a wide variety of delicious desserts, pastries and sweet goods. They have expertise in baking techniques, recipe development, and pastry decoration using their creativity.
• Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc following modern and traditional recipes
• Create new and exciting desserts to renew the menus and engage the interest of customers
• Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation is beautiful and exciting.
• Monitor Stock for baking ingredients and make appropriate orders within the budget
• Check quality of material and condition of equipment used for cooking
• Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Certificate in Culinary Arts from a recognised institution
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in a hospitality industry
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Proven experience as a pastry Chef
• Great attention to detail and creativity
• In-depth Knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques
• Tine management skills to deliver orders on schedule and avoid wasting food
Interested and qualified candidates’ applicants should send their applications to email@example.com not later than 30 January 2024.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted