BotswanaPost is on a journey to excellence with the aim to build a high performance and people centered organization that is fit-to-serve and fit-to-grow. The organisation invites suitably qualified, innovative, results orientated and self-driven individuals to apply for the positions described below and join a team of professionals to drive service excellence.
PART – TIME COURIERS – LIGHT AND HEAVY DUTY (11) (GABORONE, GHANZI, FRANCISTOWN, KANG, KASANE, LETLHAKANE AND TSABONG) – BPS 33/2/3 Vol.1 (21)
To undertake delivery for BotswanaPost customers including loading and unloading of vehicles, freight documentation, storage of customer goods and freight management.
The position directly reports to Transport Officer.
- To transport goods, documents, and other items according to predetermined routes/times, accommodating changes as may be required To load and unload goods on company vehicles
- To ensure that freight and documentation are accurately checked and recorded
- To complete required information and guide customers on completing courier related document (e.g. waybill)
- To maintain accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets
- To operate assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner
- To keep the assigned vehicle, clean inside and outside presenting an appropriate image of the company
- To maintain defensive driving
- To continually identify and put forward suggestions for service improvement, to review routes/vehicles/procedures used and put forward recommendations for improving efficiencies
- To ensure the effective use of company facilities, equipment, and consumables
- To undertake any other related duties as directed by the supervisor
- Minimum of Botswana General Certificate in Secondary Education (BGCSE) or equivalent.
- Must be in possession of a clean Heavy-Duty License (Class EC/EB) and one of the following driving licenses;
- Motorbike License (Class A & B), PRDP Goods; and the licenses shall be more than three (3) years old.
- Certificate in Auto Mechanics(Trade test,C,B,NCC) as an added advantage
At least 3-4 years experience in the use of both smaller and heavy-duty vehicles in a courier business environment is a requirement.
Compliance to procedures and standards
BotswanaPost offers attractive salaries and benefit packages that are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need to apply by enclosing an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified certificates and Omang/ID to: Chief Human Capital Officer BotswanaPost
P.O. Box 100 Gaborone OR email a complete application to: email@example.com
All applications must be submitted on or before 17th January 2023.
NOTE: Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.