Mothers Union Orphan Care is a Non-Government Organization situated in the Central District in Mahalapye Village. Mothers Union Orphan Care Centre vision is to be a leading community based organisation that provides psycho-social support to orphan and vulnerable children and their families in Mahalapye Sub District.
Position Title: Out of School Mentor Volunteers
Report to: Mentors Leader
Location: Shoshong 2, Kudumatse 1, Mokoswane 1, Pallaroad 1, Kalamare 1, Mookane 1
Mentor will be reporting to Mentor leadership. The Primary roles of Mentor is to mentor AGYW by establishing a relationship and visiting them to ensure that they participant in space to offer them life skills. Mentor must also provide routine monitoring and reporting the adolescent progress in the safe space through gathering success stories. Mentor She must also provide monitoring feedback to the supervisor in order to keep the program on track.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support recruitment of Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in DREAMS program
• Engage AGYW to find a safe space for AGYW to meet
• Facilitate group meetings for the AGYWs
• Deliver some of the training curriculum as indicated in the Safe Space Guide
• Build a credible relationship with the AGYWs
• Serve as role models for the AGYWs
• Refer AGYWs to access services and existing resources in their community
• Support facilitators by creating an active environment where a mentor appears as a ‘guide by the side’ encouraging the sharing of knowledge by and with active participants.
• Conduct follow up home visits to AGYW
• Identify and report success stories and most significant changes on monthly basis.
• Report progress on mentorship.
• Participate in Quality Assurance meetings with DREAMS staff and Case workers.
• Attend monthly meetings.
• Provide mentoring leadership, lay counselling and sexuality training to the adolescent girls.
• Minimum of a BGCSE
• Age between 25 to 28 years
• Should be available to provide mentoring sessions once a week.
• Fluency in English is required.
• Computer Literate
Only interested candidates who meet the above requirements should email their application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified true copies of academic certificates and Omang to: email@example.com
Address to :
Mothers Union Orphan Care Centre
Hand deliver at Mothers Union Orphan Care Centre along Madiba Road next to Madiba Senior Secondary School
For any inquiries, please contact: 4720049
CLOSING DATE: 05 March 2021
Leave A Comment