ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (X1) GABORONE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 1st January 2024.
Main purpose of the position
To drive organisational design and employee effectiveness systems and strategies through provision of integrated resource planning, talent management, equitable remuneration and retention strategies to achieve organizational effectiveness.
- Lead in the organizational restructuring process to transform the Corporation to a quality organization
- Serve as an internal consultant to assist business managers in their efforts to achieve organizational goals and/or organizational efficiency.
- Initiate OD interventions to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Develop organizational design and job grading policies and guidelines.
- Strengthen the effectiveness of the organization in the areas of alignment (people and structure), workforce planning, and building human capabilities using sound organizational development techniques.
- Cascade organizational strategy through divisional, departmental plans and individual performance plans.
- Contribute to the process of strategic management (performance improvement and change management initiatives) and policy making with appropriate data, research and analysis.
- Monitor the effectiveness of training for managers, supervisors, and all employees in the use of the system to develop performance-based management processes and identification of out-put criteria.
- Assess manpower implications for new projects.
- Oversee succession planning and ensure that it is aligned to the competancies and career path.
- Contribute to the formulation of business plans, operating plans and budgets for the business units, and managing unit performance in accordance with these plans.
- Facilitate the development, review, and manage the Corporation’s remuneration strategy to ensure that remuneration policies and practices enhance employee productivity and Motivation and enable the Corporation to attract, retain, motivate and reward suitably qualified staff at all levels.
- Initiates and makes recommendations for the adoption of performance related reward interventions to encourage productivity, employee morale and the development of a high-performance culture.
- Reviews and monitors remuneration levels and practices within the Corporation against the market and carries out detailed statistical analysis to identify the Corporation’s competitive position.
- Monitor labour costs and makes recommendations for appropriate interventions to reduce and/or effectively manage costs to enhance return on labour costs.
- Coordinate the administration of employee benefit schemes such as pension and medical aid and represent the Corporation in consultations and negotiations to maximize benefits to employees.
- Perform the functions of the Pension Principal Officer.
- Monitoring and managing performance of direct reports and ensuring performance management systems are systematically deployed in the business unit.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources Management or related field.
- Eight (8) years generalist HR experience, five (5) of which should have been served at Organisational Development level.
- Three (3) years must have been at Middle to Senior Management Level.
- Drive For Results
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Strategic Thinking
- Commerial Awareness
- Continuous Improvement
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 1st January 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.