The role requires a resourceful, organized and proactive individual with focus on getting actions closed; the incumbent will be responsible for leading the accounting team and/or support teams (where applicable) in developing and maintaining an effective financial and accounting unit.
- Assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- Preparing financial analyses and reports (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Oversee reconciliation and settlements of Orange Money services – including refunds and payments (e.g. Bank integrated services, Orange Money Visa Service, Distribution and Payment Partners etc.)
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Assisting with annual audit preparations (internal & external).
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned ensuring strict adherence to policies and procedures.
- Monthly reporting to various Orange Money Botswana stakeholders locally and at Group level.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects in the company that require insights on reconciliations, settlements, payments, refunds etc.
Minimum Requirements and Experience
- ACCA or BICA part qualification, B.Com Degree or Equivalent.
- 3 Years’ experience in the Accounting/Finance department.
Closing date: February 13, 2023