Afro Ventures Botswana (Pty) Ltd T/A andBeyond requires a capable, stable, and energetic Operations Manager. andBeyond is built, almost entirely, on the strength of remarkable people who give passionately to their roles, work tirelessly, and have the guest experience at the core of their focus daily as well as care of both communities and the environment.
• Ensuring 5-star guest experiences
• Responsible for the financial performance of each business unit
• Compilation of budgets and financial controls including month end processes and payroll
• Operational business reports to the Regional Manager
• Oversight of all the departments at lodge level
• Ensure inter-lodge communications and co-operation are maximised.
• Hosting of travel agents and VIPs
• Staff skills development and empathy
• Responsible for health and safety implementation
• Drive community development projects in conjunction with the Africa Foundation
• Ensure sustainability goals are met and standards are maintained.
• A diploma/degree in Tourism Management, Hospitality or equivalent
• Knowledge of Microsoft programs
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a hospitality management position
• Valid Drivers’ Licence
Skills and Personal Characteristics
• An outgoing, warm, friendly personality, with good command of the English language and exceptional communication skills
• The ability to work under pressure the self-motivation to meet deadlines.
• High energy levels and great staff motivator
• Passionate about creating memorable experiences for individuals.
• Good interpersonal skills and superb attention to detail
• Excellent financial acumen
• Willingness and ability to share information, and to teach and inspire others.
• Must be willing to work extensively in remote areas. This is not a town-based position.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Afro Ventures (Pty) Ltd T/A andBeyond.
Postal Address: Private Bag BO34, Boseja, Maun.
Physical Address: Plot 536, Mathiba Road, Maun. Contact number: 6861979.
Closing Date: 18 October 2023