A Job vacancy has risen within Letshego Holdings Limited for the Network Specialist Role
- Main Purpose (Why does the exist) done
To analyse, plan, implement, maintain, troubleshoot and enhance large complex systems or networks consisting of a combination that may include mainframes, mini-computers, LANS, WANs and the physical and logical components that integrate these systems together as an enterprise networking backbone. The role extends to building and maintaining the Internal Voice Network of the Group across 11 countries. This includes the integration into the country PSTN Networks and voice gateways with the most cost effective capabilities. The role also needs to Design, Build and Maintenance of the technical elements of the Group’s Customer Contact Centre and integration into Core Platforms.
- Critical Deliverables /Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities done
- Establishes networking environment by installing, configuring, testing and documenting the equipment/network systems according to the design and specifications.
- Leads the performance of day-to-day networking and voice related tasks to ensure network reliability, availability and serviceability within minimal interruption.
- Deploy and configure all aspects of the Cisco Unified Communications, Call Manager, Unity Connection, and Cisco Contact Center Infrastructure and other relevant products for Call Centers and Collaboration.
- Support propriety voice solutions including Asterix/Cisco/Avaya/IPC-Etrali solution
- Provides technical support by responding to work orders and tickets from the end users,
- Leads in the configuration of firewall security settings to access permissions groups for individuals and sets up provisions for incoming data.
- Leads network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware, software and integration testing, as well as coordinating these activities without disturbing the function of other systems.
- Lead the development of technical solutions and offerings for network services across the global Letshego environment. These services are standards based, inherently secure, innovative and aligned to business requirements.
- Leads in the development and production of complex documentation for installation, network topology, and troubleshooting of communications hardware or software.
- Designs future connectivity and networking concepts and solutions
- Continuously improves current processes and systems and reviews new technologies
- Planning, design, documentation, installation, configuration, support and maintenance of routers and switches and other core devices, to meet the Business Service Delivery expectations
- Liaising with network service providers and resolving Network related issues
- Creates and maintains high quality documentation of network environment and solutions and documents root causes
- Management of Contact Centre, Data Centre Networking components, WAN, Internet, Network Security Infrastructure, 3rd Party connectivity and cloud components
- Support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policy, and ensure design compliance
- Perform root cause analysis and provide support and solutions for Networking systems, VOIP systems, SIP and TDM services.
- Supports VoIP telephony and SIP systems for contact centers and back office business units.
- Undertake capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centres
- Ensure that all Audit findings and RCSA commitments meet the desired implementation/closure dates
- Participate as L2 in a well-defined L1-L3 support model, responding to alerts and proactively managing issues
- Key Performance Indicators
- Latency and Performance
- Improved Customer Experience
- Improved Audit rating
- Incident SLA Compliance
- Complexity of role done
- Multi-cultural awareness and the ability to interact with a wide range of differing levels of staff
- Ability to work and collaborate with team members in different geographical locations.
- Cross Domain delivery
- Education, Knowledge and Experience of Job Holder
- At least 7 years professional experience in the networking security area (routing, switching, firewall, proxy, DNS)
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in IT with specialisation in Voice and related technologies administration is a must
- Understanding and knowledge of PortaOne, Voice Interconnect, Session Boarder Controller (SIP protocol)
- Expert experience with protocols & technologies such as: H323, SIP, RTP, PRI, MGCP, TCP/IP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, IPv4/6, Telnet, SSH, MPLS, VOIP, POE, etc.
- Track record in supporting Cisco, Juniper and Fortinet technologies
- Technical writing including the creation of policies, standards, procedures & guidelines
- Knowledge of Data Center and Cloud networking components
- Experience in the architecture and design of corporate network solutions in a global environment
- Experience in monitoring solutions
- Experience with the administration of firewalls (Fortigate, CheckPoint) and switches )
- High interest in network and security topics and the ability to structure complex issues according to the target group
- Experience in cooperation with external partners and service providers
Closing Date: 20 November 2023
Application Email: email@example.com
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Letshego Contact Number: 3643000
Remuneration: A competitive remuneration package will be offered to a suitable candidate.
Interested applicants should forward their applications accompanied by their Curriculum Vitae to the provided email by indicating the position they are applying for in the subject email: Ref: Network Specialist.