NETWORK SERVICES & SUPPLY MANAGER – GABORONE OUTER
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 16 December 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To organise and control the construction, operation and the maintenance of distribution lines and substation equipment to ensure network capacity, availability, quality of supply and operational safety at lowest overall cost
- Oversee formulation of customer connection standards and enforce compliance.
- Manage all activities pertaining to customer connections
- Develops Network Efficiency & Recovery Strategies & Plans and oversees implementation to ensure attainment of desired results.
- Develop preventative maintenance plans & monitor implementation of such.
- Develops relevant operations and maintenance policies, procedures and guidelines and ensure that they are adhered to.
- Initiate strategies to reduce cost of maintenance without compromising reliability.
- Conducts analysis and makes recommendations on areas to be improved or gap patching in electrified villages.
- Oversee the implementation of control measures in place to reduce risks associated with operations.
- Develop risk management controls and systems to eliminate or mitigate potential risks.
- Establish contingency plans to manage crises.
- Manages relationships with clients & stakeholders to ensure quality service delivery.
- Inculcates a high level of product and service knowledge amongst team members
- Oversees the provision of information to stakeholders e.g., rates, & update them regularly on the changes.
- Addresses escalated consumer queries and follows up on complaints
- Analyses data, identifies trends and engages other stakeholders to resolve underlying systems, processes, and product dynamics
- Oversee the investigation and closure of customer & stakeholder queries including risks like fraud, inefficient processes and losses
- Develops budget for area of responsibility
- Tracks budgets and oversees investigation of variances for rectification by working within established budgeting systems
- Use financial data to guide strategic and operational decision-making
- Conducts research using primary data sources and selects relevant information to enable analysis of key themes and trends.
- Prepares and analyses periodical statistical reports on performance data against the set performance measures for decision making by management.
- Oversees the implementation of project deliverables within an established project management plan for all categories of customers.
- Manages projects database integrity in area of jurisdiction.
- Identifies shortcomings, then suggests and implements improvements to existing business practices, while developing and delivering a work stream within the organization’s change management program
- Reviews key service delivery chains (from application to connection process) to improve on customer service delivery and provide leadership and guidance in terms of operations of the Customer service delivery chains.
- Manages the motivation and discipline of staff in area of responsibility in line with laid down procedures to realize the Corporation’s objectives.
- Proposes staff development plans for the area of responsibility to ensure competent, efficient, and motivated staff.
- Carries out on the job training to enhance productivity in line with the Corporation needs
- Operates in accordance with SHE policies and rules to ensure zero harm.
- A minimum of a Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from a recognised University.
- Membership of a professional engineering institution will be an advantage
- A minimum of ten (10) years post qualification experience in the power environment.
- Of the above, at least three (3) years should be in a power utility industry at a middle management level.
- A proven track record of effective people, operations and maintenance management is required
- Commerial Awareness
- Continuous Improvement
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Decision Making
- Drive For Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Strategic Thinking
- Values Ethic and Integrity
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 16 December 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.