ACHAP was established as a Public-Private Community development Partnership to enhance and support Botswana’s HIV & AIDS response. Using a comprehensive approach, ACHAP has successfully supported HIV prevention, care and treatment in Botswana for over 20 years with remarkable results. Key to the success of ACHAP support has been the focus on results, the ability to develop and manage partnerships with government, civil society, other development partners and the private sector. ACHAP’s main strengths include flexibility and innovation in programme design and implementation, evidence-based programming, and commitment to culturally relevant approaches. ACHAP prides itself as a health development organization. ACHAP is now an independent non-profit making corporation entity with broader health mandate, wider geographical focus continuing to build on, and leverage on her core competencies in the field of HIV/AIDS and related health conditions. ACHAP seeks to appoint suitably qualified and highly motivated individual with strong commitment to programme implementation to the following position:
2. Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (1 position tenable in Gaborone)
The incumbent will be responsible for all data collection and collation for Covid-19 data. The M & E Assistant will also be responsible for monitoring activity progress according to project indicators and tracking implementation of quality improvement measures.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Captures Covid-19 data on spreadsheets as data continues to cumulate, for easy analysis, and reporting;
• Compiles and submit weekly and monthly reports from the GF Covid-19 supported districts as per agreed reporting parameters to management;
• Monitors and keeps track of number of people trained on various Covid-19 initiatives;
• Works with implementing partners to ensure effective monitoring of all planned Covid-19 interventions;
• Assists the Senior M&E Officer in producing periodic monitoring reports to ensure Covid-19 project has accurate and useful data to inform program development;
• Conducts monthly data verifications to ensure accuracy, completeness and produce the data verification report.
• Follows up all identified data verification gaps for closure with support from management;
• Always ensure adequate supply of data collection and reporting tools at Covid-19 support sites;
• Supports capacity building initiatives and activities conducted by the M&E Unit;
• Ensures proper filing of incoming and outgoing Covid-19 M&E documents;
• Protects client’s rights and uphold high confidentiality standards at all levels
• Performs any other tasks that may be assigned.
Qualification and experience
• Degree in Health Information Management System, Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Epidemiology, Demography or related field
• Training on Monitoring and Evaluation
• Three (3) years of work experiences in a monitoring and evaluation
• Six (6) months’ work experience in Covid-19 interventions
• Experience working in an NGO Setup/Project Based/Performance Based
Setup will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Quantitative and qualitative research techniques
• Computer based MS package in particular excel, word, PowerPoint
• Basic knowledge of M&E processes and techniques
• Valid driving license
• The position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally
Application letter and CV should be addressed to the attention: The Human Resources and Administration Manager, Private Bag X033, and Gaborone,
Botswana. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications electronically to: email@example.com . Email subject should be the position applied for.
Closing date for applications: 26th March 2021
Looking for employment as a Social Worker. Holder of a degree in Social Work. 4+ years experience in the field.