MOBILE PLANT OPERATOR (X1) MORUPULE (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 04 October 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To operate Mobile Plant Machinery and Equipment in the use of moving coal and ash in the power plant in a safe manner to attain effective and reliable process material handling following operating procedures and BPC safety, health and environment standards.
- Operates trucks to haul ash to the ash dams and dump as instructed by the dump management plan to always support clean electricity generation
- Operates earth moving equipment by use of controls to ensure that material stockpiles are managed according to Environmental Management Plan requirements
- Feed coal/limestone to the boiler via underground feeders for continuous supply of input material to support electricity generation at all times following standard operating procedures
- Operates within the requirements of the EMP while executing activities to promote BPC objective of zero harm to the environment
- Carries out routine inspection on the mobile plant machinery and ensures that it is serviced and maintained according to schedules to improve equipment availability and reliability.
- Prompt reporting of machine defects and faults.
- Checks machine legal requirements such as permits and licensing discs to ensure conformity with transport regulations and maintain good reputation of BPC to regulators.
- Collects data on mobile plant for analysis on performance and maintains files and records for future use by following established procedures.
- Ensure machinery is clean and roadworthy, including removing ash from installed safety equipment such as tail, brake and turn signal lenses when engaged in ash hauling duties to ensure they continue to perform well and prolong machinery lifetime.
- Monitor and report deviations promptly to promote timeous correction of faults and advice for change of preventive maintenance schedules where required as per laid down instructions.
- Collates operating data on mobile plant machinery and take corrective action accordingly to maintain plant reliability
- Performs testing of machinery following maintenance or outage to ensure operability and closure of defects following equipment care protocols
- Operates in accordance with policies and regulations, while performing routine safety checks on own equipment and workspace.
- Participates in sectional safety inspections and reports on findings to maintain safety of personnel and good housekeeping of the plant
- Comply with and assist in the development of Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of work and ensure that all duties are undertaken in accordance with BPCs safety policies and procedures.
- At least Secondary Education (BGSCE/IGSCE) or Equivalent.
- A valid Botswana Driver’s License (Type C) with a recognized Special Type H License.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience operating mobile plant machinery including Rigid Tipper Trucks, in a related industry.
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 04 October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.