Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To manage the mining operation section, and ensure implementation of objectives within the framework of the mining department’s strategic plan, legal requirements, best mining engineering principles.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Interprets and implements the mining strategy for the section to meet the operation’s medium and long term plans
- Analyses trends at sectional level , assessing their possible impact on the mining strategy and takes appropriate action
- Develops optimal short, medium and long term mining and dumping plans and coordinates implementation through optimal allocation of resources, taking cognisance of maintenance requirements
- Reviews, examines and commits to all operational aspects that are required in the execution of short term mining plans to ensure alignment of production targets to overall annual mine plan.
- Develops and sets mining production targets, standards and procedures for the section and monitors compliance in line with overall mining objectives
- Manages, maintains & administers Mining technical and information management systems
- Manages and directs the deployment of resources to optimise the efficiency of the section.
- Periodically evaluates operational data to achieve optimal implementation of long term plans
- Reviews and coordinates implementation of sectional standards to ensure alignment with requirements as set by the Mining engineer, recommending changes where appropriate
- Promotes an enabling environment to motivate and encourage the search for and trial of new ideas and technologies to enhance and improve the mining processes and efficiencies
- Develops business cases, financial analysis and justification of projects and the conceptual designs. Provides preliminary capital estimates for consideration by the user.
- Performs post implementation cost benefit analysis and return on investment analysis for projects
- Carries out all technical investigations and research into new systems and methods in consultation with all stakeholders.
- Initiates, monitors and controls short term sectional projects to ensure attainment of desired results
- Coordinates & manages the Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility as well as compliance to the statutory requirements such as stipulated in the Mines, Works, Quarries and Machinery Act (MWQM)
- Identifies and manages the implementation of and adherence to legal and corporate governance principles/requirements
- Manages the effectiveness areas of subordinates and reviews targets
Other Job Responsibilities
- Implements the departmental talent management initiatives by ensuring the right competence and effectiveness of manpower (capacity building) through developing and implementing career, localization/succession, training and development
- Implements knowledge management principles through application of tools and methodologies to continuously improve and sustain business performance
- Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas to continuously improve and sustain business performance
- Bachelors Degree in Mining Engineering
5 years post qualification mining experience including Mining Engineer – in-Training programme
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Registration with Engineering Registration Board (ERB) or equivalent
- Blasting License
- Mining Operations
- Equipment Management
- Process Optimisation
- Mining Technical
- Mine Planning
- Sustainable Development, Environment and Community
- Occupational Health and Hygene
- (MM_PL)_Achievement Orientation (3)
- (MM_PL)_Change Leadership (2)
- (MM_PL)_Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment (4)
- (MM_PL)_Developing Others (4)
- (MM_PL)_Innovation (3)
- (MM_PL)_Judgment and Decision Making (3)
- (MM_PL)_Managing Performance and Holding People Accountable (4)
- (MM_PL)_Planning, Coordination and Execution (3)
- (MM_PL)_Problem Solving (3)
- (MM_PL)_Teamwork & Collaboration (3)
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Closing Date: 14/03/2021
Leave A Comment