1. Job Summary:
To perform basic survey tasks and assist in the field work while adhering to safety and operational standards, policies and procedures
- Dries and weigh coal for specific gravity.
- Recommends and incorporate cost saving initiatives into budget and operates within approved parameters.
- Install directional pegs underground and control pegs for mapping on surface under the direction of the supervisor.
- Measures mining parameters for volumetric and safety factor calculations.
- Inspects mine lease boundary and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Directs the contractors during lease demarcation using ranging rods.
- Assist Surveyor in surveying the as drilled exploration holes using high precision GPS.
- Assist the Surveyor in mapping new engineering structures and services.
- Twin rover with the mine surveyor during topographic and stockpile survey.
- Collects data for mapping ploughing fields in the mining lease areas required for decision making using handheld GPS.
- Holds the levelling staff during subsidence monitoring.
- Inspects, cleans and carries out minor repairs on tools/equipment and reports maintenance requirements to the supervisor.
- Keeps inventory of equipment’s at the storeroom and initiates replenishment of critical
- Adheres to all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility.
- Identifies and implement creative and innovative ideas in order to improve the Mini Business Units performance.
- Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas in order to improve the Mini Business Unit Objectives.
- Takes responsibility for providing excellent services by developing self, applying skills, knowledge and experience to improve and measure their own performance against standards.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- O’levels/BGCSE Certificate
- Valid Class B Driver’s licence.
- Two years in mining environment.
- Knowledge of SHE Management System ISO 45001:2018 & ISO 14001:2015.
We offer competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements must apply with certified copies of certificates and a comprehensive curriculum vitae addressed to:
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35 PALAPYE
Closing date: 08 March 2023
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND THROUGH FAX AND NOTE THAT RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW