The primary purpose of the Mine Captain is to assist the Underground Mine Manager in the controlling, managing and directing Mining operations in compliance with the Botswana Mines Quarries Works and Machinery Regulations. The incumbent will be working on both underground and surface areas to ensure compliance with all statutory requirements by physical inspection of all working areas under his/her jurisdiction and identify critical areas for corrective action in order to prevent accidents.
- Degree/Diploma in Mining with Botswana Blasting Licence
- 5 years relevant work experience at Mine Overseer level
- In possession of Botswana Red Cross/ NOSA Certificate for First Aid & Safety.
- Positive attitude and good communication skills.
- Ability to identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
- Sound knowledge and application of survey, rock mechanics, geological and ventilation data.
- Sound understanding of engineering practices.
- Sound knowledge of mining equipment and the use thereof.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the BMQWM Act.
- Capability of chairing disciplinary hearings.
- Active participant in ensuring critical controls are in place and working.
- Maximizing performance results – Solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
- Ability to demonstrate PNR values and core competencies
Closing date: September 08, 2023