Title: Metallurgist In Training
Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To develop competencies for coordination and management of operations/acquisition and deployment of best practice and metallurgical systems within Ore Processing plants. To develop competencies for coordination and management of operations/acquisition and deployment of best practice and metallurgical systems within Ore Processing plants.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Safety, Health, and Environmental policies and procedures in areas of responsibility
- Get exposure on practical, hands on work experience in relevant section on rotational basis
- Get an appreciation for and apply current policies and procedures in related fields
- Be accorded the training to enable them to develop skills and competencies necessary to subsequently perform at a substantive level as applicable
Other Job Responsibilities
- Bachelors Degree in Mineral Processing, Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering with a minimum of second-class first division 2 (i), from a recognized University or comparable institution
Experience in mining environment will be an added advantage
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Time Management
- Communication skills
- Tenacity (work under pressure)
Closing Date – 02 March 2023
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.