Motheo Operations, Ghanzi, BOTSWANA
Reporting to the Plant Metallurgist, the Metallurgical Technician is responsible for providing technical and metallurgical support to process plant.
This position will perform routine test work including but not limited to plant sampling, sizing analysis, SG determinations, flotation test work, and moisture analysis.
Key Performance Areas
- Performing routine tests on materials using various methods to determine their physical properties, such as strength, conductivity, elasticity, hardness, etc.
- Recording data about materials being tested, including weight, chemical composition, and thickness
- Working with engineers and other technicians to prepare equipment for testing, operating equipment during tests, and analysing results
- Performing safety inspections of equipment and facilities for hazards such as fire hazards, potential electrical problems, potential chemical exposure problems, etc.
- Installing equipment such as furnaces, boilers, kilns, and other industrial equipment
- Monitoring equipment operation to ensure safe working conditions for all employees
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment such as furnaces, boilers, kilns, and other industrial equipment to ensure that they are operating correctly
- Performing chemical reactions using furnaces, ovens, and other equipment to create new materials
- Basic understanding of Metallurgical and Laboratory processes
- Be Computer Literate
- Good Data Entry skills
- Well knowledgeable in science and mathematics
- Good communication skills, both oral and written is a requirement
- Well knowledgeable in science and mathematics.
- A high regard for safety is a requirement
- The ability to work as a team member
Qualification & Experience
- Certificate in Metallurgical processes or equivalent
- Current Botswana Driver’s License
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in Metallurgical and Laboratory processes