Motheo Operations, Ghanzi, BOTSWANA
This position is responsible for safe and secure process sampling, sample analysis and results capturing in accordance with the assay schedule of the metallurgical operations.
The function of the metallurgical laboratory is important to ensure productivity and efficiency targets are met.
Key Performance Areas
- Conducts physical, chemical, and process examinations, using metallurgical equipment and instruments for routine, special, and experimental investigations.
- Carries out, and coordinates as appropriate, the safe and secure collection of representative samples from the various process streams in accordance with the metallurgical assay schedule.
- Liaises with process operational staff regarding the collection of samples as appropriate.
- Processes the required samples accurately and safely in accordance with the set laboratory procedures.
- Captures sample results accurately and timeously on the specified systems.
- Adheres to all safety, security, health and environmental policies and procedures in the areas of responsibility
- Records sampling information as per procedures
- Adheres to all relevant Policies, Procedures, Codes of Practice, and reports any incongruences
- Maintains good communication standards
- Seeks own development and learning opportunities within the Mine.
- Initiates reports indicating deviations from specifications and recommends corrective measures for approval.
- Knowledge of Metallurgical operations (specifically, scrubbers, crushers, Dense Medium Separation, etc.)
- Basic metallurgical plant operating skills
- Basic computer literacy and MS Office knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Be prepared to work shifts, do standby duties
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
Qualification & Experience
- Self-motivated with positive work attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Consistent with agreed principles of correct moral conduct.
- Actively shows willingness to work extended hour
- Fit and physically strong.