The Mechanical Supervisor reports to the Process Maintenance Superintendent.
Reporting to the Process Maintenance Superintendent, this position will oversee all engineering maintenance within their processing plant and related facilities on Motheo Copper Mine and accommodation camps.
Key Performance Areas
- Ensure maximum efficiency of equipment and high plant availability in a safe and sustainable manner by efficiently and effectively maintaining and improving all fixed plant mechanical installations.
- Gather information for the Process Maintenance Superintendent – Processing Plant for reporting performance
- Overseeing mechanical engineering maintenance activities within the processing plant and related facilities with a strong focus on the training and mentoring of Artisans within the team.
- Ensuring sufficient training is carried out for Artisans and mechanical processing team KPI’s and maintenance compliance requirements to be met.
- Identification and assessment of maintenance issues in the plant.
- Risk mitigation and management.
- Providing technical support to the maintenance team to ensure compliance with processes and procedures.
- Ensure training is provided in line with HSEC standards and recommendations.
- Ensuring health and safety standards and policies are adhered to.
- Incident and accident reporting and investigation.
- Continuous improvement initiatives.
- Strong mechanical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Strong experience in mentoring, training, coaching and guiding Artisans
- Strong focus on health and safety standards and compliance
- Ability to develop and mentor team members
- Honesty, reliability, hardworking and be a good team player.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- Evidence in driving high performance across diverse teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Qualification & Experience
- Mechanical Trade Certificate or National Craft Certificate
- At least 10 years previous experience in mechanical engineering maintenance within mining processing plants, including
- 5 years in a Supervisory capacity.
- 5 years previous experience in ball and sag mills, crushers, conveyors, and pumps