MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (X2)-MORUPULE 1
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 30 MARCH 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To organise, coordinate and supervise operations of the Mechanical Department Section in order to ensure that plant maintenance is carried out to acceptable standards for optimal plant availability and reliability in accordance with the safety and engineering standards.
- Develops and/or delivers elements of a strategic planning system with guidance from management.
- Provides operational support services and sometimes acts as first-line supervisors of a transactional operations area while using existing systems and protocols.
- Supervises the implementation of approved changes in the mechanical design and operating procedures of plant and equipment to enhance plant efficiency and reliability.
- Monitors departmental stock and inform the Materials’ department on stock level adjustments in accordance with consumption or recommends the replacement of obsolete equipment.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment and systems for emergency repairs, performs preventive maintenance inspections, assists specialists in setting up and testing new products/processes and installs complex systems with guidance.
- Provides technical assistance for repair on plant and equipment and directs necessary modifications.
- Prepares maintenance programs and procedures for approval and ensures implementation in accordance with set standards to optimise plant availability, reliability and performance.
- Monitors and supervises work of contractors and commissioning of major repair work, modifications and general outages to ensure compliance to specified standards.
- Identifies and evaluates complex expertise-led solutions against a range of criteria to find the ones that best meet business needs.
- Takes responsibility for implement a team’s performance management systems with guidance from senior colleagues.
- Works independently to collate and analyse data using pre-determined tools, methods and formats.
- Takes responsibility for delivering a prescribed budget for own area of the organization and/or conducts complex analyses on budget progress in other areas while working within established systems.
- A relevant degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
- Membership of a recognized professional engineering institution required.
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant post qualification experience of which, at least two (2) years in management capacity.
- Knowledge and experience of the electricity industry in general, and power generation in particular will be an advantage.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in planning and managing resources to deliver predetermined objectives as specified by management.
- Experience in a maintenance environment required.
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 30 MARCH 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Leave A Comment