Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) is mandated under Section 5 of the Botswana Examinations Council Act CAP 58:03 (as Amended by BEC Amendment Act No. 19 of 2020) to manage and conduct examinations and assessment in general education and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). BEC has developed a new strategy and consequently, a new structure that is aligned to the strategy. The organization wishes to attract into the following positions, results oriented professionals, with solid leadership experience, who are driven by a passion for excellence.
– MATERIALS MANAGEMENT OFFICER I X 1
Main Purpose Of The Job
Plan, coordinate and supervise materials management services for different assessment levels in accordance with established procedures, standards and guidelines
Key Performance Areas:
• Early Material dispatch for Coursework and Practical Examinations
• Dispatch and transport of examination materials to centres in collaboration with the Security team
• Receipt, log in and packing of scripts, projects and folios from Centres, with the collaboration of the Security team
• Packing and dispatch of scripts for selected subjects bound for Cambridge International
• Checking and verification of storeroom log book
• Packaging of scripts and stationery and into boxes for marking
• Supervision of the standardisation and marking exercise from an administrative perspective
• Attending to queries from examiners during marking and liaising with relevant departments for resolution
• Packing Scripts according to syllabus, component and Centre order in storerooms
• Pulling scripts for data cleaning purposes and for the grade review exercise
• Supervision of the Grade review exercise from an administrative perspective
• Disposal of Previous years scripts and related documents
Qualification & Experience:
• At least a Degree in Educational Management or a relevant field from a recognised institution, Certification in assessment administration
• At least 4 years’ experience post-qualification of which 2 years’ should have been at junior professional/ technician level or its equivalent.
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Networking & relationship building
• Organisational Skills
• Research, critical thinking, analytical & problem-solving
If you meet the above requirements pleases submit you application letters including updated curriculum vitae with three (3) traceable referees, certified Omang and certified certificates to:
The Director Human Capital Private Bag 0070
And e-mail application firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Applications with incomplete documentation or received after the closing date will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is the 1st December 2023.