Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) is mandated under Section 5 of the Botswana Examinations Council Act CAP 58:03 (as Amended by BEC Amendment Act No. 19 of 2020) to manage and conduct examinations and assessment in general education and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). BEC has developed a new strategy and consequently, a new structure that is aligned to the strategy. The organization wishes to attract into the following positions, results oriented professionals, with solid leadership experience, who are driven by a passion for excellence.
– MARKING MODERATION AND GRADING OFFICER I X 3
Main Purpose Of The Job
Provide technical and administrative assistance to the team during moderation, standardisation, marking, re-marking, and grade review activities.
Key performance areas:
• Dissemination of assessment guides and marking schemes to moderators and markers
• Day to day liaison with external moderators and markers to address any queries that they may have
• Provide clerical support to internal committees set up
• Liaison with Materials Management team for script selection and the Printing and Logistics team to facilitate the moderation and marking exercises
• Conduct of external moderation in sample of centres pre-exams, during live exams and post exams
• Closely monitor the daily achievements of moderation and marking quotas and report to the Executive in case there are any delays
• Address any queries that Data Management may have during compilation of assessment results
• Collate data, including exam results, report grades, attendance figures and other specific areas, as per the requirements of the Executive for analysis and reporting
• Compile and consolidate performance ratings of external assessment personnel recruited for moderation and marking, based on the outcome of performance appraisals
Qualification & Experience:
• At least a Degree in Educational Management or a relevant field from a recognised institution
• At least 4 years’ experience post-qualification of which 2 years should have been at junior professional/ technician level or its equivalent.
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Networking & relationship building
• Organisational Skills
• Research, critical thinking, analytical & problem-solving
If you meet the above requirements pleases submit you application letters including updated curriculum vitae with three (3) traceable referees, certified Omang and certified certificates to:
The Director Human Capital Private Bag 0070
And e-mail application firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Applications with incomplete documentation or received after the closing date will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is the 1st December 2023.