Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) is mandated under Section 5 of the Botswana Examinations Council Act CAP 58:03 (as Amended by BEC Amendment Act No. 19 of 2020) to manage and conduct examinations and assessment in general education and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). BEC has developed a new strategy and consequently, a new structure that is aligned to the strategy. The organization wishes to attract into the following positions, results oriented professionals, with solid leadership experience, who are driven by a passion for excellence.
– MARKING MODERATION AND GRADING EXECUTIVE X 1
Main Purpose Of The Job
Coordinate the pre, during and post-exams moderation of formative and summative assessments to ensure that assessments are marked in an academically rigorous manner with reference to agreed marking criteria. Coordinate the marking of assessments whilst ensuring that marking is consistent, fair, and to the required standard. Coordinate the setting of grades and grade boundaries after all the marking has been done using a mixture of statistical evidence and expert judgement
Key performance areas:
• Develop and disseminate assessment guides for moderation, marking schemes and explanatory marking notes
• Select best practice moderation methods and marking strategies
• Ensure that all logistics for moderation, marking and grade review are organised and scripts are selected by Assessment Administration and TVET Administration
• Train and facilitate discussions with external moderators and markers
• Evaluate the performance of moderators and markers
• Prepare reports on moderation and marking activities
• Supervise the compilation and ratification of assessment results
• Coordinate the handling of appeals from candidates for re-marking
• Supervise the re-marking of scripts and modification of results as required
• Work with the Head and external experts if required for the determination and agreement of the grade boundaries
Qualification & Experience:
• At least a Degree in Educational Assessment / Management or a relevant field from a recognised institution. A Masters will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 6 years relevant experience of which 3 years should have been at professional level or its equivalent.
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Negotiation, networking & relationship building
• Organisational Skills
• Research, critical thinking, analytical & problem-solving
If you meet the above requirements pleases submit you application letters including updated curriculum vitae with three (3) traceable referees, certified Omang and certified certificates to:
The Director Human Capital Private Bag 0070
And e-mail application firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Applications with incomplete documentation or received after the closing date will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is the 1st December 2023.