BSB Insurance Agency (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Botswana Savings Bank is a newly established insurance agency operating on both Long Term and Short-Term market.
– Manager, Collections (Re-advertisement)
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to Director, Risk, incumbent will be responsible for managing the collection of outstanding credit repayments by proactively engaging customers with distressed credit facilities and developing mitigations to protect the organisation’s interests and maximise recoveries of accounts receivable, thereby minimising losses.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Implement a risk-based approach to debt collection in order to maximise recovery of accounts receivable.
- Consult with Risk and Operations departments in order to lead the development of an organisational debt collection process and associated escalation triggers.
- Implement organisational debt collection processes.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with law enforcement and third-party debt collectors.
- Oversee debt recovery communications to, and inquiries from, customers and handle sensitive or difficult customers (including discussions about account balances and payment issues).
- Ensure accurate records of steps taken to recover debts are maintained in accordance with organisational processes and procedures.
- Review all required legal documentation and commence the legal recovery process.
- Engage third parties as required (e.g. Judiciary, Law enforcement, third-party debt collectors).
- Issue instructions to third parties on behalf of the organisation and oversee collection process.
- Initiate court actions as required and draft court papers in accordance with Magistrate and High Court requirements.
- Initiate seizure of sureties and sundry assets as necessary and in accordance with organisational and legal processes and procedures.
- Oversee seizure of assets from delinquent debtors and liaise with procurement and deputy sheriffs to recoup debts in accordance with organisational and legal requirements.
- Prepare an excess report for use by management.
- Monitor the timely and accurate collection of customers’ accounts including making calls to customers for payment.
- Prepare accounts for legal enforcements including developing case summaries and obtaining evidence.
Experience, skills, and abilities:
- Five (5) years’ of relevant experience in debt collection or related area (preferably with a financial institution) including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- A strong understanding of the legal processes for recovery of bad debts and accounts receivable is essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Risk Management or equivalent
- Botswana Savings Bank offers a competitive salary commensurate with demonstratable work experience, qualifications, and key performance areas for these positions.
- The positions are open to citizens of Botswana only.
All positions are based in Gaborone. Only candidates meeting the above minimum requirements need to apply and enclose a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, original certified copies academic, registration and professional certificates, three (3) recent professional references, Omang and should be addressed to:
Director, Human Capital
Botswana Savings Bank
P O Box 1150
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Quote the position title applied for on the subject matter)
For any further enquiries, you may contact Human Capital Office @ +267 367 0072 or 367 0126
CLOSING DATE: 23rd March 2023
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.