Management Accountant (5 Year Contract)
Main Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the incumbent will be responsible for preparing and maintaining accurate organization budgets, monthly management reports with detailed variance analysis. To manage and maintain the fixed asset register and the projects accounts. He/She will also partner with the different business units in order to offer finance inputs into various business cases as well as tracking of different revenue lines.
- Preparation of monthly management reports tracking financial performance.
- Analysis of actual results compared to the budget and forecasts for each cost centre to aid business planning.
- Developing and managing financial systems & policies, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Business and product case tracking and analysis in partnership with owner departments.
- Play a lead role in compiling the annual budgets for the different cost centers with senior management, and subsequent tracking of the both operating and capital budgets.
- Analyzing trends and financial performance across business units compared to industry and across the various products. (Revenue vs Costs).
- Project accounting (valuations and tracking financial milestones) & contract payment plan negotiations.
- Fixed asset register management and utilization of asset computations
- Month end / Year End accounting including reconciliations and journals
- Supervising and training junior staff, ability to provide learning and development opportunities to junior staff.
- Taking part in systems’ and process improvement initiatives.
- Participate and lead both the internal and external audits.
- Experience with forecasting and budgeting
- Knowledge of accounting principles and relevant perorting standards
- Ability to analyse complex reports and interpret trends in financial information
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting concepts to non-finance staff
- Organized and structured in daily duties
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player and ability to establish strong relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to facilitate business partnering
- Ability to priorities and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting packages
- Planning and Execution
- Customer Focus
- Corporate governance
- Building Relationships
- Leading Change
- Team work
- Results orientated
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The candidates should have attained the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance,
- Professional Accounting qualification CIMA, ACCA, BICA (Fully Qualified)
- Five (5) Years Post Qualification experience in a similar role within a finance/accounting function
- Experience as a Management Accountant in a telecommunications environment will be an added advantage.
Only interested candidates who meet the above requirements should apply by providing an application letter, academic/professional qualifications, Curriculum Vitae (CV) giving full details of their academic/professional qualifications, experience and at least three (3) referees to:
Head of Human Resources
Private Bag 00236
And Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; Please contact us on: 3995500
CLOSING DATE: 05 September 2023
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO