Title: Maintenance Technician
Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To execute the installation, maintenance, and modifications of Instrumentation, communication and control systems
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintains equipment using appropriate maintenance technologies to ensure optimum equipment availability and reliability Verifying the planned maintenance schedule and recommending appropriate amendments as necessary and Recommending modifications
- Effects the implementation of new systems & equipment by Performing detail design, device programming, configuration & calibration on equipment, Commissioning & installation of equipment (A&I, electrical, mechanical & communication).
- Optimises equipment life cycle by monitoring equipment performance and making corrective recommendations
- Plans for work to be done by Obtaining all relevant permits and carrying out risk assessments before commencing work, Identifying and prioritising work that needs to be done and highlighting it to the supervisor and inputs into development of work schedule
- Attends to all administrative functions of the position, taking cognisance of the need to create a clear audit trail.
- Performs operational checks, monitors performance and related maintenance to identify and diagnose instrumentation and electronic performance problems
- Performs repairs, installations and any work required to set up, align or otherwise prepare for operation, all electronic and instrumentation equipment/systems in area of responsibility.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Analyses the sectional area’s financial needs to develop a budget and ensures sufficient financial resources to meet business needs.
- Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets
- Adheres to all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility
- Diploma in Control & Instrumentation Engineering or Equivalent
2 year post qualifying experience or successful completion of the Technician Development Program (TDP)
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Drivers License – Class B
- (SU_PL)_Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment (4)
- (SU_PL)_Innovation (2)
- (SU_PL)_Judgment and Decision Making (2)
- (SU_PL)_Planning, Coordination and Execution (3)
- Access Management
- (SU_PL)_Achievement Orientation (2)
- (SU_PL)_Change Leadership (1)
- (SU_PL)_Developing Others (3)
- (SU_PL)_Problem Solving (3)
- (SU_PL)_Teamwork & Collaboration (2)
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.