MAINTENANCE PLANNING TECHNICIAN (X1) – MORUPULE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 16 December 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To determine and avail requirements for planned maintenance, in accordance with set specifications, standards and procedures to ensure optimal plant availability.
- Maintain an asset register for the Power Station’s equipment and machinery, in accordance with set specifications, standards and procedures for input in maintenance planning.
- Collate maintenance records and converts into asset information for submission to Knowledge Office in accordance with set specifications, standards and procedures.
- Create a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule for all equipment and plant, based on manufacturer’s instructions, and adjusts maintenance schedules based on utilisation of a particular piece of equipment to improve plant availability and reliability.
- Generate PPM inspection forms/job cards, specifying frequency daily, weekly etc and what to check in each piece of equipment to guide maintenance.
- Develop provisional plant shut down-plans taking into account outstanding work, user department needs, spares availability and other factors, and produces schedule to ensure effective shutdown execution.
- Generate work orders and captures work order details of the system for approved shutdown plans to guide maintenance and for work order tracking purposes.
- Compile shutdown reports upon completion. for analysis and improvement.
- Reports daily shutdown activities for tracking shutdown progress.
- Verify inspections are undertaken as specified; by scrutinizing completed PPM forms, identifying
deviations/errors, and follows up with concerned party or raises a job card to correct defect.
- Collate and analyse data using pre-determined tools, methods and formats and produce reports to initiate corrective action.
- Carry out prescribed stakeholder management activities by following existing procedures.
- Coordinates Statutory activities between maintenance teams and Statutory Inspectors in line with the processes, procedures, and regulations.
- Maintains updated records of Statutory equipment inspection to ensure compliance.
- Conducts daily duties in accordance with SHER policies and procedures, while performing routine safety checks on equipment and workspace.
- Contributes to the development of risk assessments.
- A recognized Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- Must be registered with the Engineers Registration Board
- A valid Class B Driver’s license required
- Must have acquired a Competency Certificate within 6 months of appointment.
- At least two (2) years post qualification experience in maintenance.
- Experience in a power plant environment will be an added advantage.
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 16 December 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.