Title: Maintenance Operative – Rigging
Purpose of the Role
To assist in the installation, maintenance (both preventative and corrective), and modifications of equipment in the line of trade (i.e. mechanical and/or electrical).
Key Job Responsibilities
- Performs visual inspections on any equipment/machinery/environment in order to establish any defects, assessing specific requirements and reporting findings as appropriate
- Removes and replaces defective components/parts as directed by the relevent supervisor and confirms availability of consumables with supervisor
- Operates specialised equipment and power/hand tools relevant to his/her trade which he/she was trained on (e.g. impact wrenches,electric drills/saws, grinding wheels, oxy-actylene torch etc.
- Performs basic repairs, installations and any other work, for the operation of all machinery/plant/equipment in area of responsibility, for which they are suitably qualified
- Carries out basic troubleshooting
- Reads and interprets basic technical drawings, diagrams and workshop manuals
- Cleans/stores and performs basic maintenance on the equipment as required
- Attends to all administrative functions of the position, taking cognisance of the need to create a clear audit trail.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Analyses the sectional area’s financial needs to develop a budget and ensures sufficient financial resources to meet business needs.
- Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets
- Adheres to all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility
- Trade Test B
1 year post experience in an engineering environment or successful completion of the Operatives Development Programme (ODP)
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Drivers License – Class B
- Service Orientation
- Service Management
- Risk Management
- Responsible SHEC Practice
- Quality Assurance
- Quality & Ethical conduct
- Adherence to Safety
- Problem solving skills
- Developing Others
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Closing Date: 17 September 2023
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.
Job Segment: QA, Quality Assurance, Risk Management, Engineer, Electrical, Finance, Technology, Quality, Engineering