Location: Moshopa, BW Shakawe, BW Kasane, BW
Closing date: 13 December 2023
Maintenance Mechanical Artisan
This role is responsible for undertaking equipment service, repair and fitting of potable water and wastewater treatment plant equipment, machinery and related facilities, records equipment gauge readings, carries out scheduled and routine equipment inspections, tests and reports findings for appropriate action in line with safety standards and procedures.
Position Key Responsibilities
* Assist in performing routine mechanical maintenance work, welding, or machining including lubrication, inspection, and replacement of parts
* Records plant operation readings, maintain equipment history and preventative maintenance records, schedules and maintain plant safety records
* Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning equipment and report as necessary
* Assist in the installation of potable water and wastewater treatment plant equipment
* Perform pipefitting, install and repair air, sewer and hydraulic piping systems
* Ensure and adhere to safe work practices and procedures including, but not limited to lockoutortag out and confined space rules and regulations.
* Use equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications for optimal safety and performance.
* Keep workplace, tools and equipment in a clean and safe condition.
Position Outcomes & Measures
* Equipment and plant availability
* Compliance to standards and safety procedures
* Quality and Cost control
* Customer Satisfaction
* Timeous execution of maintenance works.
Qualifications & Experience
* Form 5
* Light duty driver’s license
* National Craft Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
* Direct Entry
Salary: An attractive Salary Package commensurate to the market
Leave: 25 working days per annum
Pension: A Contributory Pension Scheme (16.5% WUC and 4% Employee)
Group Life Assurance (24-hour coverage)
100% paid by the Corporation towards Medical Aid
Interested Botswana citizens should address their cover letter to:
Human Resource Director
Water Utilities Corporation
Private Bag 00276
Attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (C.V), certified copies of certificates, National Identity Card (Omang) as well as professional references and names and addresses of two referees.
NB: Cover letter, certificates, identity card (omang), and references should be scanned as one document and uploaded with the cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
No Physical applications will be accepted.