Title: Maintenance Foreman
Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To manage and co-ordinate execution of maintenance activities of a group of maintenance practitioners in an area of responsibility.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Initiate & executes maintenance plans and ensures the feasibility and implementation
- Review of maintenance plans (maintenance template reviews and tactics)
- Develops and review short/medium term maintenance works and projects required in the section
- Interprets and translate maintenance plan into specific tasks and activities to be carried out by subordinates and service providers.
- Provides technical support & guidence to artisans and technicians
- Assumes all work approval, planning, scheduling and Resourcing functions for all urgent work in the area of responsibility
- Develops Predictive Maintenance plans based on Equipment failure pattern analysis and coordinates execution.
- Inspects equipment and completed work to ensure compliance to engineering standard
- Implements and recommends improvements of Asset Management Strategy (Defect elimination, Work management, Condition monitoring & Contractor management)
- Coordinate maintenance execution using knowledge management tools such as Planned Task Observation, Supervision, Visible Felt Leadership and Job Risk Assessment
- Identifies, recommends & implement appropriate best practice technology and Engineering solutions that ensures continuous improvement.
- Authorises all work activities in area of responsibility through the issuing of written/verbal instruction and authorising of Permits to work.
- Analyse the following, Job Card Feedback, Equipment Condition Reports, Equipment Performance Reports, Equipment Diagnostic Reports, Equipment Trends, Production Reportsand generate maintenance requirements/activities.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Provides an effective clerical and administrative function by Performing all associated administrative and clerical activities Compiling statistics for reporting critical activities in the area of responsibility as per instruction
- Initiates, monitors and controls short term sectional projects to ensure attainment of desired results
- Identifies and manages the implementation of and adherence to legal and corporate governance principles/requirements
- Manages subordinates key effectiveness areas by setting, monitoring and reviewing performance and taking remedial action as necessary
- Adheres to all safety health and environmental policies and procedures in areas of responsibility
- National Craft Certificate (NCC)
8 years relevant experience as Maintenance Artisan or 4 years post qualification and relevant experience
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Project Management
- Asset Management and Optimisation
- Applying Civil Engineering (Level 1)
- Technical Analysis
- Applying Mechanical Engineering
- (SU_PL)_Achievement Orientation (2)
- (SU_PL)_Change Leadership (1)
- (SU_PL)_Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment (4)
- (SU_PL)_Developing Others (3)
- (SU_PL)_Innovation (2)
- (SU_PL)_Judgment and Decision Making (2)
- (SU_PL)_Managing Performance and Holding People Accountable (4)
- (SU_PL)_Planning, Coordination and Execution (3)
- (SU_PL)_Problem Solving (3)
- (SU_PL)_Teamwork & Collaboration (2)
Closing Date: 22 December 2022
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.