MAINTENANCE ENGINEER – MECHANICAL (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
To manage, co-ordinate and execute engineering maintenance and project activities in the designated sections to ensure the achievement of set business objectives.
- Manages the implementation of Engineering quality assurance programme in accordance with set governance protocols/principles.
- Analyses the sectional area’s financial needs to develop a budget and ensures sufficient financial resources to meet business needs and manages the allocated budget .
- Interprets, co-ordinates and optimises the Asset Management and Maintenance strategy execution through the implementation of maintenance plan and develops necessary systems/standards.
- Develops, reviews, and schedules the short/medium term maintenance, project and developmental requirements for the section, taking cognisance of the company policies/ procedures, statutory requirements.
- Ensures compliance by setting performance standards/requirements and objectives based on the mine’s overall plan and analysing trends on equipment performance.
- Coordinates the implementation of the Asset Management strategy, standards, policies, and practices by implementing asset management improvement programmes, interpreting the Asset Management strategy, and drawing the necessary action plans.
- Identifies and corrects deviations from required performance and develop solutions/options, taking cognisance of available resources and constraints.
- Manages compliance to statutory and legal requirements for equipment, taking cognisance of health, safety, environmental and technical standards.
- Initiates, monitors and controls short, medium and long term projects to ensure attainment of desired results.
- Implements knowledge management principles through application of tools and methodologies to continuously improve and sustain business performance.
- Manages key effectiveness areas of subordinates by setting, monitoring and reviewing performance and taking remedial action as necessary.
- Manages the implementation of the talent management initiatives in area of responsibility.
- Change Leadership
- Impact and Influence
- Developing Others
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Business Acumen
- Managing Performance and Holding People Accountable
- Planning, Coordination & Execution
- Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment (SHE)
- Service Orientation
- Asset Maintenance Management & Optimisation
- Knowledge of equipment safety systems and processes
- Services contracts management
- Condition Based Maintenance
- Condition Monitoring Techniques
- Project Management
- Spares Management
- Design & Maintenance of Bulk Material Handling Systems
- Maintenance of Fixed & Mobile Plants
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Degree in the related Engineering discipline – Mechanical or Mechatronics.
- 8 years post qualification Engineering experience in a heavy engineering environment including.
- Registration with Botswana Engineers’ Registration Board
- Knowledge of ISO 55001 Asset Management System
- Knowledge of SHE Management System ISO 45001: 2018 and ISO 14001: 2015.
We offer competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements must apply with certified copies of certificates and a comprehensive curriculum vitae addressed to:
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35 PALAPYE
Closing date: 19 February 2023
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND THROUGH FAX AND NOTE THAT RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW