Title: Maintenance Artisan – Rigging
Purpose of the Role
To execute the installation, maintenance (both preventative and corrective), and modifications of equipment in the line of trade (i.e. mechanical and/or electrical).
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintains equipment using appropriate maintenance technologies to ensure optimum equipment availability and reliability Verifying the planned maintenance schedule and recommending appropriate amendments as necessary and Recommending modifications
- Performs Condition monitoring of equipment by Daily visual inspection of wear and tear of parts on equipment and plans for timely replacement to arrest breakdowns and Using specialized measuring instruments to monitor changing asset conditions
- Performs fault finding and testing of equipment by Analysing equipment deviations from normal specifications, Identifying possible causes of the deviation, determining the root cause and Recommends repair methodology and repairs the fault.
- Issues and obtains all relevant permits (hotwork, electrical isolation, confined space permit, working at heights, excavation, red tag) necessary to carry out maintenance tasks
- Carries out scheduled /non scheduled installations, repairs and overhauls in compliance with engineering standards and procedures
- Installs and commissions of equipment systems Retroffiting, programming, commissioning, testing and certification of equipment Setting high hydraulic pressures, equipment cycle times, switching high tension electical works
- Provides feedback to the supervisor on tasks completed to ensure that equipment maintenance history is captured and documented correctly
- Monitors work-in-progress to ensure effective workflow by Performing inspections on work carried out by apprentices and maintenance operatives and Training EITs on the job
- Work Identification through inspections and Populating backlog work through daily inspections to be done as part of corrective maintenance to feed into the short term maintenance plans as well as long term plans/shutdowns.
- Attends to all administrative functions of the position, taking cognisance of the need to create a clear audit trail.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Analyses the sectional area’s financial needs to develop a budget and ensures sufficient financial resources to meet business needs.
- Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets
- Adheres to all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility
- National Craft Certificate (NCC) in equivalent
2 year post qualifying experience or successful completion of the Artisan Development Program (ADP) in relevant trade
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Drivers License – Class B
- Technical Analysis
- SHE Risk Management (Level 1)
- Asset Management and Optimisation
- (SU_PL)_Achievement Orientation (2)
- (SU_PL)_Change Leadership (1)
- (SU_PL)_Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment (4)
- (SU_PL)_Developing Others (3)
- (SU_PL)_Innovation (2)
- (SU_PL)_Judgment and Decision Making (2)
- (SU_PL)_Managing Performance and Holding People Accountable (4)
- (SU_PL)_Planning, Coordination and Execution (3)
- (SU_PL)_Problem Solving (3)
- (SU_PL)_Teamwork & Collaboration (2)
Closing Date: 17 September 2023
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Risk Management, Compliance, Electrical, Engineer, Engineering, Finance, Legal