LOGISTICS ASSISTANT (X1) -GABORONE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 04 October 2023.
Main purpose of the position
- Performs routine supply chain tasks by following established procedures to support others.
- Bins stock items in their designated locations to ensure accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness in issuing and stock counting.
- Reports all stock outs and items requiring replenishment so that ordering process is done promptly.
- Performs relatively simple quality sampling and inspection of products.
- Identifies incorrect or damaged goods and reports discrepancies to supervisor to ensure that the Corporation pays for only usable goods.
- Operates various machines, adjusting work sequence and/or other variables to improve efficiency.
- Maintains schedules for material delivery appointment, maintains calendars and reserves meeting rooms according to specific instructions.
- Performs weekly cycle stock counts and reconciles variances.
- Implements improvements and carries out simple change management tasks by following established procedures to support others.
- Maintains files and records by following established procedures.
- Distributes copies of warehouse transactions documents to user departments and files warehouse copies for ease of reference.
- Works within current compliance processes, systems and procedures and reports shortcomings
- Carries out simple procedural tasks to support management of external and internal client/customer relationships.
- Captures all transaction documents so that the computer record is kept up to date.
- Certificate in Supply chain Management or equivalent.
- Class H drivers license is required.
At least two (2) years work experience.
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 04 October 2023.. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.