Coordinates logistics on time delivery of shipping components to and from suppliers and the receipt of suppliers by ensuring accurate and timely submission of documentation to customs and processing shipping clearance. Ensure proper packaging and tracking of components and liaise with freight forwarder.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities (Key Performance Areas)
- Time taken for goods to clear customs
- Accuracy of documentation
- Minimise customs and surcharge duties
- Proper packaging of component
- Monitor turnaround lead-time of components
- Liaises internally with All Staff and external with customs authorities and shipping agents.
- Negotiates with customs for release of goods.
- Processing freight forwarders invoices
Minimum Education required:
• A recognized Degree in Materials Management / Inventory Management / Purchasing & Supplies Management/ Business Management.
• CIPS Certification will be an added advantage.
Minimum Experience required
• At least four (4) years’ post qualification experience as of which two (2) should have been in Inventory Controlling, Procurement and Material Management or related activities.
• Thorough knowledge of Botswana and regional customs regulations and procedures and up to a year’s experience in customs clearance activities.
Closing Date: 25th January 2024