Line Training Captain “Pilot in Command”, within very specific regulations and requirements, plans, organises and executes all necessary activities and requirements to efficiently operate an aircraft, fulfill its flight mission and ensure at all times the safety and comfort of the crew and all passengers.
The role, conducts training in compliance with ATR Training Centre Type Rating approval programs, TRI “Type Rating instructors” as well as provision of Type Rating simulator training, Type Rating basic Flight Training, ATR differences courses, Instructor Courses and more extensively all courses developed by ATR Training Centre.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities (Key Performance Areas)
- Ensure that all the engines, systems and on-board safety and navigation equipment are in working order and have been checked over by competent technicians. Collaborate with aircraft engineers to resolve aircraft defects
- Oversee flight deck set-up. Complete pre-flight checklists
- Oversee the push back and then taxi to the run way. Operate aircraft for take-off, cruise and landing according to ATC instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Control the aircraft throughout the flight and liaise with air traffic controllers to plot the plane’s trajectory.
- Maintain and update the aircraft logbook and complete the standard flight documentation as required. Write the necessary reports about (in-flight) issues and/or any incidents or problems with the aircraft.
- Supervises the development and implementation of flight crew training programmes and qualifications
- Conducts Training based on area of technical competence, provides guidance and directions through coaching and mentoring to develop competencies of pilots.
- Instructs aspirant (co-) pilots – on the ground – about all “technical” aspects of flying (e.g. weather, flight procedures, etc.)
- Instructs aspirant (co-)pilots in Simulator
- Trains aspirant (co-)pilots without real flying experience in/on planes
- Trains aspirant (co-)pilots with some real flying experience up till their final exams
- Examinates aspirant (co-)pilots and takes final decision whether or not to grant them their pilot license
- Prepares budgets submissions, Monitors expenditure against budget, recommends adjustments to be made in order to achieve set objectives and reports on performance against budget to Chief Pilot
- Directs the compliance to Quality and Safety Management policies and procedures for the section and causes appropriate remedial action to be taken in case of deviation
- Coordinates and schedules continuation training in accordance with CAAB regulations and ensures that certifying staff have up to date knowledge of relevant technologies, procedures and company policies
- Manage and reports on the organization’s risk management and/or control process.
- Ensures that the department complies with all the Botswana and International regulations as stipulated in the CAAB CARS and technical standards as stipulated in CAAB CATS
Minimum Education Required
- Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)/ Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL)/Multi-Crew Pilot Licence (MPL) and an IATA Flight Operations Management course
- ATR TYPE RATING + ATR TYPE RATING FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER TRI/TRE Required.
- A recognized Diploma/Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or equivalent will be an added advantage.
Minimum Experience Required
- Minimum of 5,000 flying hours as Captain on large aircraft as defined by CAAB or Aviation Authority.
- A minimum of eight (8) years post graduate experience of which four 4) years should have been at First Officer level.
Required Technical & Behavioural Competencies
Strategic Thinking, Planning and Organising, Process Improvement and Optimisation, Customer Focus, Commercial Awareness, Standard Operating Procedures, Stakeholder Management, Aircraft Cruise Operations, Aircraft Emergency Management, Aircraft Landing Operations, Aircraft Manual Handling, Aircraft Take-Off Operations, Airline Operations Management, Regulatory Compliance, Leadership and Direction, Drive for Results , Manages Complexity,Ensures Accountability & Teamwork & Collaborative Influence,
Closing date: October 30, 2023