Responsible for operating underground loading machine to move ore and waste from development and production areas of the mine, either loading onto trucks or into orepasses or re-muck areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate levers to load blasted material into trucks or to the identified places underground for storage.
- Drive machines into piles of material blasted from working faces.
- Operate the machines to gather materials in the main muckpile to protect tyres
- Communicate with the Haul Truck operator before, during and on completion of loading to ensure that loading and haulage is carried out safely.
- Perform visual Inspections of the LHD before, and during operation according to departmental procedures to minimise breakdowns and operational losses by the timeous reporting of defects / abnormalities to Supervisor.
- Use standard checklist and complete it taking note of any defects
- Inspect material to be loaded to ensure that its safe and in a ready state to be correctly loaded.
- Carry out a risk assessment of each new area where loading is to take place.
- Report any unsafe activities or actions related to the LHD operation.
- Assist relevant department with scheduled maintenance and breakdown repairs on the LHD.
- Keep clean equipment, fuel and lube the LHD unit every shift.
- Follow all procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Preferably “O”level
- LHD driving License
- Heavy Duty Driving License is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3-5 year’s practical experience of operating LHD in an underground mining environment.
- Sound knowledge of underground mining practices and operations.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Good operating ability in confined space
- Ability to demonstrate PNR values and core competencies
Closing date: March 19, 2023