Botswana Vaccine Institute (BVI) is pursuing its Transformational Agenda through its “Lepelong ya Moleepi” 5 Year Strategy. Consequently, the Institute has developed a new organisational structure aligned to its strategy. The organization wishes to recruit consummate professionals, with solid experience, who are driven by a passion for excellence into the following positions in the new organisational structure:
Reporting to the Legal Counsel/Company Secretary the positions will be responsible for monitoring and advising the company on general legal matters and ensuring the company is compliant with the statutory, regulatory and corporate governance practices and guidelines, as well as, identify specialist legal service requirements and
draft instructions to engage them.
The incumbent will be responsible for, among others, the following:
- Reviewing and advising management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Contributing to the development of legal strategy, guidelines, policies, procedures for the department to ensure legal compliance by the BVI.
- Providing internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company.
- Reviewing all contracts or any other documentation where the BVI has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the senior management’s attention.
- Monitoring the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Employment Acts.
The right candidate will possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Bachelor’s Degree in Law. At least 5 years’ experience in a corporate legal environment.
October 25, 2023
Applicants should please ensure that they submit a detailed curriculum vitae and provide names and contacts of at least three traceable referees.
For enquiries: contact Tsholofelo/ Bame on 3915503/3975917