Botswana Tourism Organisation (BTO) is a parastatal body set up through an Act of Parliament with the mandate to market Botswana’s tourism product, promote investment in the tourism sector as well as to grade and classify licensed tourist enterprises.
BTO invites applications from driven qualified and experienced Botswana citizens for the positions of:
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Corporate Legal Counsel. Board Secretary, the incumbent will be tasked with:
• Providing internal legal advice.
• Assisting internal divisions and departments on all legal matters.
• Drafting legal documents for the Organisation.
• Providing legal interpretation and stance of the Organisation on legal matters to external stakeholders.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Provide analysis and counsel on legal policy matters to the Board and the Organisation
• Provide legal counsel on issues arising from actual or anticipated lawsuits
• Anticipate and guard against legal risks facing the Board and the Or¬ganisation
• Develop and recommend company policy and position on legal issues
• Conduct and coordinate research into a variety of legal issues to ensure that the Board and the Organisation keep abreast with current legal trends and developments
• Developing and recommending up to date and best practice meth¬odologies in developing corporate governance structures to ensure compliance by Management and Board of Directors
• Providing Company secretarial services to the BTO Board and its Committees including; scheduling and coordinating attendance of meetings, preparing agendas and packs, and compiling and circulating minutes.
• Provide legal services in the management of tourism related com¬mercial transactions and contracts at organisational, national and international levels. Undertake legal research and provision of legal advice
• Undertake general administration of the legal services office including correspondence, drafting of contracts and preparation of reports
• Investigate and prepare reports on compliance matters and prepare responses to regulatory inquiries or examinations
• Provide guidance on regulatory and ethical business conduct
• Hanning and Coordinating
• Results focused and Commitment
• Decisiveness and Assertiveness
• Consultation and Interpersonal Skills
• Development of others
• Good Communication skills
• Customer oriented
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• LLB or equivalent
• Must be admitted to practice as an Attorney. Conveyancer and Notary Public
• At least five (5) work experience in a versatile environment
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
If you meet the above requirements, please apply to:
Executive Management- Human Resource and Admin
Closing Date: Friday. 10th November 2023
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.