LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (X1)-MORUPULE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 04 October 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To identify, plan, develop, evaluate, and implement learning and development programs to ensure availability of competent staff to meet Corporation needs.
- Implements the Corporation’s learning and development plans to ensure achievement of training objectives
- Delivers training to employees and learners to enhance their skills in accordance with BPC standards.
- Provides staff with information and guidance on training, development, and succession.
- Develops and reviews training programs in line with technological developments and initiates the necessary adjustments to the curriculum.
- Reviews system or applications problems to develop training material and provide trouble-shooting expertise and solutions to trainees.
- Maintains records of trained employees to assist in the classification of employees according to their skills.
- Coordinates the assessment of skills among employees to establish their training needs,
- Follows up trained staff and evaluates their progress and recommends remedial action.
- Process documentation to regulatory bodies.
- Administration of students on industrial attachment, interns and GVS participants.
- Organise educational tours as & when required.
- Carry out procurement processes for L&D interventions.
- Prepares & implements training schedules.
- Maintains training facilities and machinery to ensure that they operate effectively and are in good condition.
- Troubleshoots defects on machinery and facilities
- Implements annual sectional training budget.
- Provide input into the training budget
- Identifies shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures, then uses established change management programs to deliver prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services.
- Trains employees on safety aspects and ensures compliance with all applicable safety regulations
- Ensures that all safety and loss control standards (Safety Health and Environmental) contained in the Corporation’s standards are adhered to.
- Recognised Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical and Electronics at NCQF Level 6 or equivalent.
- Possession of post graduate Diploma in Education/ Certificate in Vocational Education & Training or Train the Trainer Qualification will be an added advantage.
- Should be Senior Authorised to relevant level.
- Ten (10) years’ post qualification experience in a technical training environment.
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 04 October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.