Title: Learner Official – Mining
Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To develop competencies in the field of Mining to the level of a fully competent Mining engineer after successful completion of a 2-year Learner Official programme as specified.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Get exposure on practical, hands on work experience in relevant section on rotational basis
- Get an appreciation for and apply current policies and procedures in related fields
- Be accorded the training to enable them to develop skills and competencies necessary to subsequently perform at a substantive level
- Bachelors Degree in Mining or equivalent
No experience required.
- Initiative, energy and drive
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate well with different levels of people
- Ability to plan and prioritize work accordingly
- Analytical Skills
- Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.