Title: Learner Official -Engineering
Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To acquire practical Engineering experience through a proficiency based development programme in preparation for a substantive appointment to the position of Maintenance Engineer in a Heavy Engineering environment.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Get exposure on practical, hands on work experience in relevant section on rotational basis
- Get an appreciation for and apply current policies and procedures in related fields
- Be accorded the training to enable them to develop skills and competencies necessary to subsequently perform at a substantive level
- Acquire and demonstrate proficiency (knowledge, skill and experience) in the Engineering Discipline (Fixed Plant, Mobile Plants and Engineering Services)
- Demonstrate understanding of the business chain
- Acquire and apply knowledge on the implementation of and adherence to legal and corporate governance- principles/requirements
Other Job Responsibilities
- Adheres to all Safety, Health, and Environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering Degree – Mechanical, Electrical, Control & Instrumentation or equivalent
No experience required.
Legal Certification/Professional Registration
- Initiative, energy and drive
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate well with different levels of people
- Ability to plan and prioritize work accordingly
- Analytical Skills
- Planning, Coordination and Execution
- Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment
- Achievement Orientation
- Problem solving skills
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.