To provide laboratory sampling in accordance with MCM standards and legal requirements to achieve business objectives.
- Implements and adheres to the laboratory internal controls for quality assurance purposes and achievement of the sampling set targets.
- Verifies the laboratory equipment in accordance with standard procedures on daily basis and maintain records.
- Performs visual inspections on any equipment, machinery, and environment to establish any defects, assessing specific requirements and reporting findings as appropriate.
- Conducts tests on the interlab comparison programmes.
- Preforms scheduled test works in accordance with standard procedures and within the stipulated turnaround time to ensure adherence to the client’s requirements.
- Supports the implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management System.
- Captures equipment maintenance information in the event of any deviations on Management Information System (MIS) and engages Engineering department to maintain or repair the equipment.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- O’Level/BGCSE or its equivalent.
- A Certificate in Analytical/Industrial Chemistry will be an added advantage.
- 2 years post graduate experience in a laboratory environment
- Understanding of SHE Management Systems (ISO 45001: 2018 & ISO 14001: 2015).
- Understanding of ISO 17025 will be an added advantage.
We offer competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements must apply with certified copies of certificates and a comprehensive curriculum vitae and proof of identification addressed to:
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35
Closing date: 13 October 2023
NB: PLEASE INDICATE THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS SENT THROUGH FAX OR HAND DELIVERED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, AND RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS.