To conduct chemical and physical test works on samples in accordance with MCM standards and legal requirements to achieve business objectives.
- Analyses samples in accordance with MCM set standards using appropriate equipment.
- Verifies the laboratory equipment in accordance with MCM standards, policies, and procedures.
- Conducts tests for the proficiency testing and interlab comparisons programs.
- Implements internal analysis controls for quality assurance purposes.
- Correlates data generated from the tests/analysis prior to internal reporting.
- Performs scheduled test works with MCM in accordance with MCM set parameters and within the stipulated turnaround time to ensure adherence to the client’s requirements.
- Carries out administrative functions taking into cognizance the need to create a clear audit trail by complying to all operational and laboratory procedures related to tools, manuals and work practices.
- Takes responsibility for providing excellent services by developing self, applying skills, knowledge, and experiences to improve and measure their own performance against set standards.
- Technical report writing
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Metallurgy Know-How
- Chemistry Know-How
- Project Management
- Downtime analysis
- Maintenance planning
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Diploma in Analytical/Industrial Chemistry, or related fields.
- A Degree in Analytical/Industrial Chemistry or related fields will be an added advantage.
- 3 years post graduate experience in a laboratory environment
- Understanding of SHE Management Systems (ISO 45001: 2018 & ISO 14001: 2015).
- Understanding of ISO 17025 will be an added advantage.
We offer competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements must apply with certified copies of certificates and an official transcript (a must for the Trainee positions), a comprehensive curriculum vitae and proof of identification addressed to:
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35
Closing date: 29 September 2023
NB: PLEASE INDICATE THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS SENT THROUGH FAX OR HAND DELIVERED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, AND RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS.