Motheo Operations, Ghanzi, BOTSWANA
This position is responsible for the physical and remote end user support for the mine site
This position is responsible for the physical and remote end user support for the mine site location including Gaborone. This will include installing, configuring, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining the organization’s network, hardware, and software components. The candidate will routinely interact with various department and levels and address their technical needs supervised by both the technical specialist and IT Administrator at site.
Key Performance Areas
- Installing and configuring all IT hardware and software components
- Troubleshooting network, software, and hardware issues
- Setting up new users
- Maintaining good relations with all departments
- Participating in project administration and activities
- Asset inventory and documentation
- Traveling to all the mine sites
- Assisting with administration and monitoring of the infrastructure (servers, LAN/WAN, antiviruses, switches, and firewalls)
- Installing and configuring business applications for all departments
- Good troubleshooting skills for windows systems.
- Proficient with a wide range of IT Software and hardware
- Excellent written and oral communication skills- both English and Setswana language
- Attention to details and good mannerism.
Qualification & Experience
- Minimum requirements: Diploma in Information systems/technology or any related qualification. CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+ and ITIL certification.
- 2-3 years working experience as an IT technician /Officer