IT SAP AUTHORIZATION SPECIALIST (X1)
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 15th February 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To provide day to day administration, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting and support of the Corporation’s SAP environment as well as maintaining access and authorizations to various SAP functional modules.
- Follows existing procedures and precedents in determining the correct course of action for routine functional enquiries.
- Analyses problems, develops appropriate solutions and assists in customising the different Authorisations in the system.
- Consults on the implications of changes with users and process owners, to ensure the necessity thereof and to balance the solution and the problem.
- Works within current compliance processes, systems and procedures and reports shortcomings
- Maintains the SAP security environment to meet all business objectives and needs.
- Implements proper processes, templates, authorised signatures at appropriate levels to be adhered to as a pre-requisite for providing / removing access to the system.
- Implements and maintains standards and procedures for system user administration (‘system’ includes associated interfaces, e.g., Workflow)
- Documents all customised changes and enhancements
- Documents all technical specifications relating to software changes and related concepts and configurations
- Documents User Specification on the appropriate template with regards to Role Changes, User Maintenance, etc.
- Updates all Policy and Procedure documentation, Role Mapping Process documentation, Role Matrix, communication to the user base and any other party mapped in the applicable process flow
- Carries out prescribed internal client management activities and provides support to others by following existing procedures.
- Provides User support for logged problems and information requests by ensuring that Solution Manager is utilised for all applicable available functionality.
- Provides User support for logged problems and information requests regarding Authorisations & Security.
- Performs standard installation, maintenance and repair activities under detailed guidance, while also troubleshooting basic technical and/or operational problems by applying previously defined matching solutions.
- Implements authorisation patches and new upgrades and bug fixes and releases the system for implementation.
- Selects appropriate data from information provided by others and inputs that data into standard formats.
- Measures, tracks and reports actual vs. planned performance and statistics.
- Supports project managers by performing simple tasks and following established procedures.
- Performs standard data management tasks to support others by using established procedures.
- Documents actions and resolutions in the Help Desk System.
- Delivers own prescribed outcomes and/or provides support services by using the organisations safety, health and environment systems and protocols.
- A recognized University Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- SAP Certification in Basis and Authorizations would be an added advantage
- Valid Drivers’ License is a requisite
- At least 3 years’ experience in a support environment dealing specifically with Solution Manager, Authorizations, Basis and Architecture management.
- Proficiency in Solution Manager, Basis and Architecture environment, as well as Authorisations and Security environments are preferable.
- Non-SAP specific expertise in the products and concepts in the Basis and Architecture environment are an added advantage.
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 15th February 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.