IT/IS Auditor (5 year contract)
Main Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit. The officer will be responsible for examining management controls within BoFiNet’s IT infrastructure by identifying risks and controls related to business processes and IT systems, planning audit procedures, assessing adequacy and effectiveness of manual and automated controls, monitoring compliance to set standards and recommending improvements in the system’s processing capability and security designs.
- Conducting computer system and project related audits, as per the Approved Annual Audit Plan.
- Preparing clear and concise audit reports, and communicating results to Management.
- Investigating allegations of computer system-based fraud or any other form of misappropriation.
- Assessing the organization’s compliance with industry regulations, internal processes and legal requirements related to IT systems, data protection, privacy and other related areas.
- Ensuring proactive implementation of system controls to safeguard information processing.
- Providing advisory assistance in Policy and Procedure development, System Implementation and Change Management.
- Providing recommendations and guidance on identified security and controls risks.
- Coordinating the external IT audits and assessments.
- Organizing, tracking, and ensuring the remediation of IT audit or assessment findings and recommendations.
- Assessing and evaluating risks within a process to identify and report possible risks to the organization.
- Limiting risk by managing exceptions and reducing variations in processes, adhering to risk controls, monitoring data accuracy, and ensuring compliance with processes, laws and regulations.
- Keeping up to date with emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in IT auditing.
- Contributing to the formulation and implementation of the strategic Internal Audit policies and procedures.
Skills and Competencies:
The candidate should exhibit the following:
- Technical Proficiency
- Strong research, diagnostic and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Financial and Business Acumen
- Flexible, receptive and adaptive
- Integrity and trust
- Collaborative team player
Academic Qualification and Experience
The candidate should have attained the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Management / Business Information Systems or equivalent
- Professional certification / Part qualification from a recognized professional body, e.g. CISA, CIA or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years post qualification experience of which three (3) must have been within an IT audit function.
The candidate should be a paid-up member of
- The Institute of Internal Auditors
Only interested candidates who meet the above requirements should apply by providing an application letter, academic/professional qualifications, Curriculum Vitae (CV) giving full details of their academic/professional qualifications, experience and at least three (3) referees to:
Head of Human Resources
Private Bag 00236
And Email to: https://recruitment.bofinet.co.bw/
NB: We only accept applications sent through the Recruitment portal above.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Please contact us on: 3995500
CLOSING DATE: 27th August 2023
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO